Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ballad Of A Cajun Girl

They say you can find anything on the internet. They lie... like a dog; like a rug, etcetera.

About a decade or so ago I was given a mix-tape by my friend Jason (the) Goodman - of the world-famous Grave Diggers, Jump With Joey, Les Butchers, y mas - that he called "Louisiana Sing-A-Long". Over 30 minutes of killer 45's from the greater New Orleans area in decades past. The 1st song is this soul-stirring track by Dee Dee Ward called "Ballad of a Cajun Girl". This song reaches through my ear canals, past those three little, tiny bones that look like equestrian gear and right down to the core of my humanity. Its ineffable, really. But that is the best way I can describe it. I've axed Jason to find me a copy (usually he has multiples o' the cream of the crop. I know because many of them have made their way to my collection), but he has yet to produce one. Needless to say I have keep my peepers peeled over the years. In fact, this one is always forefront in my mind's eye as I'm rifling through records.

I have worn the Google out looking for a copy, but never come up with any results! Yes, they say you can find anything on the internet, but forgot the end of the statement: "If you're looking for the same old things that normal people are supposed to be looking for."


Do you disagree with that bold assertion? Prove me wrong, please, by helping me find this record:



Dee Dee Ward, where are you?